Words From the Speaker
It is more important than ever that the members of our community for whom English is not their first language should not be disadvantaged by the lack of properly prepared translations.
As an immigrant myself, this is something I am very conscious of. And it’s the reason I decided to create a free webinar that will help anyone involved in translation projects.
Here is an overview of the webinar:
For planning translation projects which are culturally inclusive, you need to:
- Work on key content first: ask yourself, what do I need my audience to do?
- Understand your audience: what does my audience need to know to do what I want them to do?
- Adapt the content to each cultural group
- Present the information in a logical way: don’t waste any time in introducing the main takeaway
- Use plain language: break down complex concepts and use everyday words and simple sentence structures.
- Use community checkers: test the content with your target audience.