In-house workshops for teams
Over 40% of Australians have low literacy levels. This means that using plain language is essential to reach the wider community.
When it comes to Australian culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, plain language is even more important. Translating information that is clear, simple and easy to understand is more effective and, in most cases, cheaper. Besides, your organisation will come across as one that cares, respects and understands the communities it serves.
Sylaba’s workshops are ideal for organisations that want to invest in communicating in a more accessible way. The sessions are fully targeted to the organisation’s needs and existing knowledge of the attendees. Because they are customised for your team, we can include any or all of the following topics:
- Designing and writing content for translation
- Planning your translation project
- Identifying and presenting the essential concepts in a resource
- The importance of plain language
- Structuring documents to support your call to action
- Strategies to create accessible content in any language
- Plain English principles and how to simplify existing content